Tuesday, June 10, 2014

1st month down



The first night was a rough one, but since then, Isla has been an angel baby. Probably because she has been doing mostly this








 




Other than that, mostly eating, pooping and spitting up
She slimed Dad!


We took her to the pediatrician 3 or 4 days after she was born and she weighed 7 lbs 2 oz. She is a little below the 50th percentile for weight and a little above the 50th percentile for height. 

I decided with Isla, that I was going to throw out all the books. You know, the ones that tell you the secret about how to get your baby to be the most perfect baby. That stuff always stresses me out. So basically we are breaking all the rules. We sleep with her in our bed, and seriously, she is sleeping wonderfully at night. I feel so much more refreshed then I did with the other two girls. And when she is hungry, or acting hungry, I just feed her. I'm way less stressed and she seems happy. I usually kind of lovingly hate the baby stage because they have no routine and they can't tell me what they want, but I'm really enjoying this baby.

Grandma Tam and Grandpa Sid were here to help out the first week. They did so much to help! I couldn't have survived without them.

Both those pictures are making them out to be lazy (My mom with a TV remote and my dad sleeping) but they worked their bums off!

Her sisters were surprisingly mellow with her. They thought she was so cute, but they weren't all up in her face like I thought they would be, especially Brooklyn, she always wants to hold Isla... but usually once I let her, she is done after 5 seconds!






The second week, Grandpa John and Momo came to visit and help.


Again, what life savers they were! We are so lucky to have the best grandparents!

We have mostly been lying low. 

We also like to have a little bit of fun




She brings so much joy to our house!











1 comment:

Papa John said...

Welcome Isla, into your new family, one is which you will be raised in with loving parents who will just adore you so much.