Thursday, January 30, 2014

Stake Conference BYE

Did you know that its not a sin to skip Stake Conference when you have children under the age of 5? OK well maybe it is, but lay it on me because trying to control your kids during two hours of church speakers is for the birds.

 Instead, we took a drive up to the Pinal mountains and had our own church. The Pinals are about a half hour drive away. 

It felt so dang good to be around green, beautiful, and a mildy snowy mountains! At one point, the road got too snowy so we had to pull over and just hike the rest of the way up. 

When we found a nice and cozy spot, we all took turns teaching a church lesson. 

Avery's and Brooklyn's were the best! 

Brooklyn tried to tell us about the foolish man and wise man, but in the end, both of their houses washed away. We might need to review that lesson with her, she loves destruction.

 Avery taught us about how Jesus calmed the sea in the fishing boat.

 I loved it, and I think we got more out of this little church than we would have if we tried to tackle Stake Conference. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to justify my actions, I know I should have gone, but we just didn't want to. No courage here! 

 After we got back to our van, we drove down to a picnic area and ate bagels, oranges, soda pop, candy and chips. It was glorious!  I do think that maybe, while our kids our young, I will take this sin every 6 months... or maybe more? Ha ha JK, don't worry Sid. Avery would totally do it though, she asked if we could have church in the mountains every Sunday. Probably not, sister!


3 comments:

Tracie said...

Sinners.

Tracie said...

(We haven't been to stake conference for years. If you want me to leave the church, condemn me to stake conference with four children. i will methodize myself faster than you can say Sunday.)

Jen R. said...

hahaha we haven't been to stake conference since Adelyn was born. no way no how.