Friday, September 30, 2011

Birthday Boy



I know this is the most cliche' thing a wife can do for a husband on his birthday, so sue me! Travis is turning 34 (old) today and here are 34 facts about this great man.

1) He was born clear on the other side of this world in the Philippines.

2) He has lived in the Philippines, New York, Greece, New Mexico, Texas, Hawaii, Utah, Argentina, Kansas and Missouri (air force brat).

3) He is fluent in Spanish


4) He really likes pizza and could probably eat it everyday, especially if it had bacon on it

5) If he likes something, he doesn't ever change. IE: he would wear the same outfit every day, orders the same food at restaurants, etc

6) He suffers from motion sickness. Always has to drive because of it

7) He had over 200 credits at BYU... for those of you who don't understand, it usually takes about 120ish to graduate. Its probably a good thing though, because if he would have finished college in the standard 4 years, he would have been long gone, and we would have never met



8) Travis listens to the same music as my dad. He loves Neil Diamond, The Doobey brothers, the Temptations, and the Beejees.

9) He is left handed

10) He loves BYU sports, but mostly football, probably more than he loves pizza. He hates when they lose.

11) He is known for being a mooch. If there is good food in your house, he will most likely find a way in to eat it.




12) He tried really hard for me

13) For every softball game I had at BYU, he would leave me a rose on my car. Even when we were on the road, he would find out how many games we were playing and would leave me that amount before I left

14) He had his heart broken in San Diego by me. It still makes me feel sad to think about it

15) He pretended he was majoring in my major at BYU so he could do a group internship with me in St. George for two weekends in a row.

16) He loves his Mom




17) He loves his nephews and nieces. Before we were married he would take me to family parties and then ignore me the whole time while he wrestled with all of them

18) He wants to see the world

19) He loves his daughters




20) He fully is aware that we may have all girls, but still wants to have a million kids. If it were up to him, we would have 5 right now

21) He is NOT a chocolate fan

22) He loves FOX news

23) He is good looking without trying

24) He likes to snuggle more than I do



25) He is a sucker for all movies with super heroes, fantasy and action

26) He loves soccer and is a real ball hog. But he has really good moves as well, so I guess its OK

27) He wouldn't let me pick out my engagement ring. He didn't even want me to tell him what I liked. I love my ring

28) He loves to wait for the last minute in most aspects of his life, but in the end, always pulls it off


29) He got addicted to Mt. Dew during medical school

30) He never says no when anyone asks him to do anything. That includes the fun things but also the not so fun things

31) He is a great doctor who will always do the right thing

32) He is an amazing singer, guitar player but his pure talent is the piano

33) He can fall asleep in any location, position and time of day

34) He is the best husband, friend and father I could ask for and I'm sorry I don't tell you more!


Happy Birthday babe! Hope you are having a perfect day.

Love,

Your girls

10 comments:

Tracie said...

best.
wife.
ever.

Tice said...

Happy birthday Trav! Thanks for taking care of my sis, she can be a handful but you handle her well and make her happy!!! Good man! Good job Mill, and we need to talk about San Diego, I don't remember.

Papa John said...

Oh boy, I certainly agree with all 3 words above and then some...Here's the some: Probably 80% of those characteristics he learned from his family...here goes:
Dad-#1,2 (for most),5(food item only),6,8,11,15,23,27
Mom-#4,12
Kev-#7,19
Wes-#3,17
Dad,Wes-#10
Dad,Wes,Tracie-#16
Mom, Kev-#18
Mom,Dad,Kev,Wes,Tracie-#22
Mom,Wes-#25
Mom,Kev,Wes=#28
Mom,Dad,Kev,Tracie-#30
Mom,Wes,Tracie-#32(Singer)
Mom,Wes-#32(Guitar)

Now, only two comments about that list..First, What happened in San Diego? Second, the pic just above #33 should be used for all future public pics of Trav, including his Obit. pic....oh yeah!!! Great job Millster...

Jen R. said...

Happy birthday Travy!!! PS. I'm so glad that the picture of brooklyn is no longer at the top of your blog. gag me. even though I love her facial expression.

Tam the Gram said...

Milli what a nice tribute. We love Travy for many reasons, #1 is that he takes care of you and the sweet girls. #2 He loves Fox News:)
As always, we miss you four, but have the greatest confidence in your capabilities as a couple and parents.
Happy birthday Trav, only 1 year and 9 to 10 months to go, yeah.

Mama Kath said...

This gave me a great laugh when I reaaaalllly needed one! Thanks Milli - you are the BEST!!!!

Dave said...

Happy Birthday Travis! We need to get together sometime soon.

The Dumas Family said...

I hope he had a great birthday. I learned a lot about Trav so thanks for sharing. Your family is cute, even covered in barf.

Unknown said...

Yeah, I like him. He was a cute kid. I think that's all true, except the for the good looking without trying part. I didn't know about the internship... so the foundation of your relationship was based on lies and deceit? That's cool.

Jake and Denae said...

You forgot to mention his hands!!! he's got them healer hands! Remember all those massages..... so so nice:)