Sunday, November 21, 2010

Smooth in San Fran

Last weekend, I took a "holiday" for myself and went to San Fransisco with the coolest people ever. One of my BFF's and college roommates, Erin, lives out there, and Allie, our other BFF and former roommate met us there. Our friend Britney just moved out there too, so we got to hang out with her as well. It was what the doctor ordered.
I flew in before Allie on Friday and Erin picked me up and took me to frozen yogurt. That girl knows how to win me over. I think I have found my dream place to live. Palo Alto California, home of Steve Young, Steve Jobbs and I'm sure more. Too bad the smallest house possible goes for 1 billion dollars, real estate is crazy expensive there.
That night, Erin again won me over with food by making me fajitas (Erin, you know how to pronounce that word). After dinner, we picked up Allie and little Zack from the airport.
You know you are great friends when 3 grown women, one grown man (Erin's husband) and two babies share a one bedroom apartment for a weekend and you don't go nuts. I didn't go nuts.

On Saturday, we went to the big city, San Fransisco. We had all pretty much been there, so we kept it low key, and found a way nice place near the bridge to walk around. Then we went a restaurant called, "Mama's." Allie and I shared the most amazing sandwich. Its called a Monte Cristo. Its a turkey and cheese sandwich, rolled in eggs and fried and you dip it in raspberry jam. Its kind of embarrassing, because when people ask me what I did in San Fransisco, I tell them all about this sandwich. Sad.


We did a lot of gabbing, laughing, eating and reminiscing about the same stories over and over (they never get old) for the rest of the trip.


I sure love you girls. I love how we don't really even talk on the phone that much, but when we are together, its just like the old times. Thanks for the great trip!



Oh and thanks to Travis for letting me get a break for the weekend. It felt great.



Oh and the title of this post is called smooth because everything from people babysitting Avery to flying standby went 100% perfect (I didn't even get held up in Denver). It was a very stress free weekend.











We went clubbing on this street... ha ha, funny joke




Lombard street

Our awesome hosts (in the restauraunt with the amazing sandwich)

View of Allie and Erin from the top of the bridge

View of the ocean from the bridge

View of the belly of the bridge

Erin and me

Just takin' a walk

All of us gals with the city in the back (oh and baby Zack)



Stanford campus (we took a walk on Sunday afternoon)

2 comments:

Allie said...

best trip ever!! i love how in that last pic, i'm the one that looks 8 months pg, not you. just great.

ps, the reason that i typed in all lower caps is because zach is in my arms, so i'm typing one-handed.

love ya milli!

Tam the Gram said...

Wow, I can see why this clan are you BFF's, and from the beautiful pictures, why this trip was so "refresshing"-- You are awesome Travie, for taking care of things on the homefront so Milli could enjoy a responsibility free weekend.