Saturday, August 15, 2009

4th year!

Do you remember when you were a senior in high school and you felt awesome because you were the oldest and coolest and you "ruled the school?" That is how Travis is feeling right now. He is officially a 4Th year medical student. I hope he doesn't get cocky and accidentally kill someone though. He is technically still dangerous.Trav has come a long way in this short 4 years. Not only is he a genius in the medical world, but he is a terrific daddy. He does an awesome job coming home and leaving his work behind and spending time with his girls.


He wants to be an anesthesiologist. This is how he figured it out: He was in a surgery rotation and while assisting the surgeon in the operating room, he looked behind the curtain where the anesthesiologist was "monitoring" and noticed that the guy was doing a crossword puzzle. That is definitely up his alley.

4Th year is going to be tough. He will be out of town on month rotations for most of the Fall. But the light is at the end of the tunnel. We will find out where we are going to do residency in February and he graduates in May. Time goes by so fast, it wasn't that long ago that we were crushing on each other in the Provo scene. Who knew what would come? Its been a good ride!

10 comments:

Jen R. said...

As a "senior" I hope he doesn't put Jared the lowly "freshman" in a garbage can or anything :) And Jared is already too busy for me so we can have lots of girl's outings while travis is gone!

Tam the Gram said...

Congrats to you all. I remember being behind the scenes as a mom, you have done a good job as a wife. Avery is precious!

Allie said...

HaHaHaHa, I love that. It reminds me of when I was in labor with Kate and writhing in pain because the epidural was wearing off and I had to suffer for an hour because they couldn't find my anesthesiologist. He was probably doing a crossword puzzle.

Congrats, Trav! Let's plan a senior trip for you!

Daisie said...

Congrats to Trav!! This is so exciting! It is crazy to realize how fast all this time has flown by! Can't wait to find out where your going, even though we miss you already!! Can't wait for you to get back!!!!

Laura said...

4th year! Seriously! Time flies, right? Where are you guys hoping for residency? *did I make sense>? i'm currently sleep deprived*

In town or away?

BYUcougars2 said...

yeah, the end is near!! Congrats to travis, and i hope you guys come to tennessee for residency! You'd love it, i promise :)

Chris and Jana said...

Hey, you guys look familiar. Do we know you from somewhere? When the heck? Gosh!

Sarah Oman said...

Okay, so when you mentioned that you would be leaving I got a little sad!!!!!! I can't believe it has already come to the final year. I hope it goes fast for you guys, but slow for us. And hey, maybe he will get an internship at KU?!

Mandy said...

I love the fact that you think he is going to kill someone with his incredibly dangerous cockyness!
I am so happy for you guys! I would have quit a long time ago and just worked at Wall mart of something!

Papa John said...

Well done everyone!