Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Charles in Charge

Trav's side of the family goes big or goes home.





This is home base. Trav's parents just closed on this beautiful home in the Park City/Heber area. We fit 6 1/2 kids under the age of 5 and 10 adults in this pad.







We eased into the week long reunion with an 8 mile bike race up Sundance.
I would like to say that I did it all but I was two minutes late to register for the race and I guess the people didn't want to take my money so they shut me out! I was going to bike up anyway with the crowd, but when we got down to the start of the race, the lamos said, "you have to have sleeves to race," (I guess its more professional that way) and I only had on a tank top. I got mad and just biked the two miles up the canyon where we parked. I was huffing and puffing pretty hard, that 8 miles up would have killed me.






On the other hand, Wes, my fabulous brother in law, gave the shirt off his back to Kimberly. She also only had on a tank top, but had already paid for the race. Poor guy had to bike up with a mountain bike and no shirt or helmet. What a stud!








These were our awesome fans




Next event was the camping trip. No, not just an ordinary camping spot. We went to a place in the Uintas where 4-wheel drive was required and the only living things around for miles were the blood thirsty mosquitoes. They were so happy to see us.






We got to stay in this extravagant car tent away from the dirt and bugs.







This is the inside






Avery did pretty good the first night, but the second night, I had to remember that I didn't have a newborn baby. She woke up every two hours! Desperate times call for desperate measures and the only way she would go back to sleep was a midnight cap. So I basically nursed her all night long. So naturally, in the morning, I was starved and could have eaten a cow. I'm so happy that Kimberly was in charge of breakfasts because I gobbled it up. Thanks Kimbi.






Camping was fun. We hiked, ate, had fires, talked, went on walks, etc.



We made an important discovery with Avery. When she refuses to take a nap, put her in her stroller and start walking. Its a guarantee, even if she was kicking and screaming before, that in ten seconds, she will be asleep.














A special thanks to Kimberly (again) for letting us borrow fleece PJ's for Avery. It was perfect that they were huge because it wouldn't allow her to crawl around at night. Also a special shout out to Traci for having the guts to go out running all by herself with all the lions, tigers and bears around.






I think I am done camping for the year!






Other fun things we did were:






ATVing up Daniels Summit



Can you tell Tracie was a first timer!






We made a nude slip and slide in the backyard






(I tried to find the least explicit photos)






We also went to outdoor BBQ's and concerts throughout the week.


We were extremely busy this trip, and I almost need a vacation from my vacation, but we had the best time!!! Kevin was an all-star planner. I loved the games, the desserts, the scenery, the bike rides, the tennis tournament (notice how I didn't go into detail on that one, oh that's because we lost to the Wilton's, boo!), the swimming, and of course the people!


We have a whole month left here. Trav starts his rotation on Monday so the playing will not be as intense. I miss this place. I think I am one with the mountains, and they will be hard to leave!

2 comments:

Papa John said...

A fun reunion it was...are you volunteering to be the Reunion Coordinator for 2010? We are getting close to voting? Avery was a good lil camper alright!

Tracie said...

Love it Milli...and I love you, seriously:) Thanks for marrying my brother. The reunion was crazy, a little not restful, but all the same, crazy fun. Thanks for the memories....