Tuesday, June 16, 2009

The Perfect Storm

We love thunder storms. Last night was the best thunder storm we have ever been apart of. We layed in bed, turned off all the lights, opened the blinds, got in spooning position and just watched the sky. For about at least an hour, the sky was never dark. The thunder was so loud! The little bubber didn't even stir, I think these storms lull her to sleep. It lulled me to sleep. I usually try to stay awake during the storms because they are so fun to watch, but this one just kept going and going and before too long I drifted off to la la land. I don't know why I love these storms so much, maybe its the feeling of being nice and cozy in a warm house with the people I love during such a vulnerable event going on outside. The midwest rocks (ask me that in 2 months and I will say the midwest sucks!) My grandma Gladys loves thunder storms. She would have loved last nights. I should call her.

9 comments:

Susan said...

Normally I do like thunderstorms. But last nights was a bit much. It woke me up over and over. Too much really loud thunder!

Jeanette said...

That was Awesome, I must agree. That's so cute...."spooning position" haha, I totally chuckled reading that. ;) The midwest is definitely awesome for the storms, and lightening bugs! But the heat and humidity in a month or so is going to kill me, again! Oh, so fun, good times, good times! Happy "early" Father's Day Travis!

Crystal said...

cool thatis a great picture. I had to tell you that I loved your story about Mary. I am always excited to read your blog because most of the time it is full of great humor.
Hope you are doing Well.

Tam the Gram said...

I am responding to the past three blogs:

Conan (spelling) I have to say that dad and I watched the opener and they showed an early picture of him and I really loved his early hair!!! Hope you saw that picture.
Mary--Milli, I sometimes think that Alice in Wonderland has become ingrained in your personality--didn't everything in that movie have a name too?
Thunder--I remember the "electricity" feeling in the air when we were there in June--made me jumpy! Can't wait to see you three.

Papa John said...

Milli, if you took that picture, you need to be in photography...WOW!!! Lookin forward to seein the "misplaced" Charles family soon...

Miriam Ika Marshall said...

i am definately a fan of the thunderstorms now that i have someone to assume spooning position with!! Enjoy your time out in the midwest!! we miss you here!!

Sarah Oman said...

it was a good storm. Jim and I also laid awake listening to it. It put me right to sleep too!!

brandonandlexee said...

Ooooh you guys are so brave! I like to watch storms too but just a tiny part of me is still a bit scared:)

Jason, Elisa, Connor and Megan said...

Wow! What a cool picture! I loved the story about Mary too! You are so funny Milli!