Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Sometimes things just fall into your lap!

I'm so glad that my friend Kelsie moved to Kansas City because it seems that people come to visit her more than they visit me. I guess I mooch off her visitors because I always end up seeing them and getting hooked up (see the bottom of this blog). Our friend Lindsey (Cuzzens) Dumas flew from Utah to go to the Celine Dion concert with Kelsie. They decided to come and see me... well that's probably not true, they came to see Avery before the concert. Then all of a sudden Kelsie (who knows everyone) got a phone call. She was able to get another ticket for the concert for me... at NO COST! Travis was sweet enough to take Avery for the night; and just like that we were off to the Sprint center. I had so much fun hanging out with my old pals. Thanks so much for hooking me up! Celine Dion rocks; she would pound her chest with her fist after hitting a hard note. My favorite moment of the night was when she came on for an encore to sing the Titanic song and the woman behind me screamed "I knew you wouldn't let me down Celine." Oh and people really need to think about coming and visiting me because Kelsie is moving back to Utah in March!
Our tickets were on the floor

17 comments:

Becky Johnson said...

You cut your hair! I love it

Cynthia and Bryan said...

I love going to concerts when I get to sit close to someone that is a die hard fan ! We went to a Travis Tritt concert one time and there was this drunk lady who kept leaning over and slurring " I just love travis" all the while burning my friends boyfriend with her cigarette, it happened like 5 times :)

Allie said...

WHAT! I am so jealous! We saw her on our honeymoon, and I saw her in November 2003 and both times were spec-freaking-tacular. Lucky.

miles said...

Celine Dion is still alive?

Baby Ruth said...

oh!! I hope you had a lot of fun!!! thats awesome!! you deserved the free ticket!

Jess Perry said...

Isn't she awesome. I love her concerts. I have seen her 3 times. twice back in the day and once in Vegas and I could listen to her for days in a row. And she has a rockin' body, huh!

Lechelle said...

"I knew you wouldn't let me down Celine"
HAHAHAHAHAHA! Cracks me up.

Kate said...

No way!! I am jealous!! I've always wanted to see her in concert!

byronandniki said...

I'm jealous! Not only of Celine, but of hanging out with all of you guys!

John and Erin said...

Celine Dion was the best buck I've ever paid! That's awesome you got to go for free.

Tamara Jacobs said...

Oh lucky lucky!!! I bet that was amazing! I have always wanted to see her in concert. Your little Avery is so cute.

The Dumas Family said...

Oh what fun! I'm so glad I got to see you and your beautiful baby girl. Thanks again for making me dinner and hanging out with us.

S&J Jones Family said...

You are so lucky!!

brandonandlexee said...

She DOES ROCK!!! I saw her vegas show and LA LA LOVED it:) I sure hope you continue to get visitors...I plan on visiting the pioneer sights from Palmyra to Utah...I'm pretty sure there are some sights to see somewhere in Missouri:)...maybe we'll see ya sometime next year!

Tam the Gram said...

I am going to hook up with Kelsie when she moves back (she doesn't know it yet). We have had Celine tickets for 15 months now (she cancelled back in Nov 08) and her reschedule isn't going to work so therefore, we will not be seeing her:[

Daisie said...

Hey Milli! Loved the post! Avery looks so adorable in the blessing pictures! She will be a toddler by the time I get to see her again! Miss you!!

Andrus Family said...

I can't believe you got to see Kels again, and go to a FREE Celine concert....that is totally her luck and yours. NO fair! I saw her when we lived in Vegas and it was amazing. Next time you talk to Kelsie tell her hi for me!