Sunday, August 24, 2008

Royaly Suck!

I am so behind in the blog world right now. But I couldn't skip over this one. We were lucky enough to be able to attend 2 Royals games in one week; plus a Salt Lake Bees (seriously is that what they are called now? I can't keep up with all their name changes) game the next week.

The first game we went to was with KCUMB (Trav's school). The Royals played the Boston Red Socks. Every year the school puts on a BBQ before the game and then they give us free tickets in the nose bleed section of a Royals game. We love it!

The girls (and Rob)... give it up for Britney for coming and being almost 9 months prego!

The Boys

Our view... anyone have binoculars?
... Oh and they lost!
But they do have a gorgeous field, and we will take what we can get!
Two days later, we went to another Royals game. This game was really cool because we went with my friend, Cortney Anderson, who I haven't seen in about 5 years. I played softball on the Bullets with Cortney. Her dad is now the pitching coach for the Minnesota Twins so that's why they were in KC. Cortney, her mom and her sister, Ashley drove down from Minnesota and totally hooked us up with really sweet tickets!!! My good friend Kelsie, another Bullets softball friend, just moved to KC and so she went too with her family. It was a sweet reunion!

We tailgated before the game with the Andersons. They had some beers and we had some cokes. It was cool! Oh and not to be a name dropper (but really I am) this is a picture of me sitting on Johan Santana's truck. He used to be a pitcher for the Twins, but now plays for the Mets. He didn't want to take his truck to NY, so he gave it to Cortney's dad as a thank you gift!

This pic is a little too close for my comfort, but we had to get a shot with all three of us in it. Pals for life!

My husband is sexy!


That's Cortney's Dad out there having a pep talk with the pitcher... these seats are a little better than the other nights!

... Oh and they lost again, but there were fireworks after the game; and again, we will take what we can get!

Finally, we are out in Utah right now (yes, again!). My uncle Gordy was given the chance to throw the first pitch for the Salt lake Bees/Buzz/Stingers/Trappers or whatever they are called these days (they are Utah's triple A baseball team). We decided to go and support Gordo; plus he gave us free tickets!

Here is the pitch; it actually was a really good pitch. It had some junk on it.
He was relieved it crossed the plate!
...Oh and the Bees got their butts kicked!
But Travis did eat the biggest hot dog I have ever seen... so we will take what we can get!

There will be more blogs to come on our Utah trip... stay tuned!

16 comments:

Jill said...

Fun!!! I haven't seen Cortney or Kels for so long! How fun for you guys to get together. Oh Bullets Softball...

Quela said...

You should have changed your title to Royals Suck! Go Cardinals!
Anyway, if you're ever close to Layton, give me a call so we can hang out. Goose lives right by me and she would love to see you too. 231-7740

JC said...

At least we don't expect the Royals to win. That way, when they do, it's a nice bonus. :)

B-blog said...

Well, what can you expect from the good ol' Royals? Sometimes it's just about hanging out with friends and eating gigantic hotdogs!

Natalie said...

Fun for you! That was fun to see Kels. I can't believe how time flies. I hope all is going well with your pregnancy.

Andrus Family said...

Oh my goodness, I haven't seen those 2 in FOREVER! I totally want to get hooked up by Cort's dad...all I ever got was really good Bees tickets, but now he's big time! And I love your tailgate party story - you should have snuck in a beer for Spudette! What a fun reunion, I'm totally jealous.

Nate & Lindsey said...

Hey you stink, We went to a Bee's game too! I wonder if it was the same one?

John and Erin said...

Was that Kelsie Lewis? I haven't seen her for so long. Looks like some great games. I love how in the first game you can barely see the players. Nothing like a good old dog!

brandonandlexee said...

Good times, hey did you go on the KC trip with us when we went to a royals game in like '98? Maybe it was with albatross I can't remember but it was fun to go with the team. I bet we could all get out there and show those men a thing or two:) I got your comment on my blog, I havent seen Andrea since last fall when we went to lunch with Stace, Alt and our kids. She came to my baby shower 2 years ago also. I see or text her here and there. I will give her your life updates when I see her next...maybe I can get her to do her own blog. She is still soooo much fun!!!

Laura said...

I love your updates! Keep them coming! =) Oh by the way, I miss you and your stinkiness. I must see you before you pop your baby out.

La said...

oh my gosh it was a year ago that we were hanging out and going to royals games and such. i cannot believe that. how's the little lady? growing and kicking i expect. she will be here before you know it.

Crystal said...

wow i miss you and kelsey. You look so cute pregnant by the way and it looks like you are having a good summer!

Lance and Ariel said...

milli i can only hope to be as cute a pregnant lady as you :) you look beautiful. And yes, our babies can be bff, aw how fun. Are you guys planning on moving when Travis starts his residency?

Tam the Gram said...

Nostalgia (i hope that is spelled correct, i didn't spell check it), the bullets! I still smell Travis' hotdog as it was the Bee's entire stadium smell of the night. Miss you guys.

byronandniki said...

That is so fun you got to see Court and Kels. How are you feeling these days?

Anonymous said...

How fun. Are you back in town? I haven't been to knitting group in forever. I'll be there this week...and you?