Sunday, August 31, 2008

Can't Stay Away

It seems like this summer, with weddings and other family events, we just haven't been able to stay away from Utah. Well, we went again! For two weeks! And I quit my job! So we were free as birds.

The first part of the trip we had the annual Charles reunion. This year, Travis was in charge of the planning. For being the procrastinator that he is; he did a pretty decent job... minus a couple kinks here and there.

We found a spot on the Park City Mountain and had a picnic, then rode down the alpine slide

Every year we have a doubles tennis tourny. Trav and I were the reigning champs from last year and we totally lost this year. If our marriage were to ever end; sports would be the reason. We were at each other's throats by the end of the matches. We hate to lose... we will get you next year Tracie and Mike!
After the tournament, we were on our way to Smith and Morehouse camp ground Northeast of Park City. We stayed for two nights and ate, talked, sang, rode dirt bikes (sorry about your accident Wes), went on jogs and walks, hiked, squatted in the woods in the middle of the night (darn fetus), played with the kids and had a good time!


After our reunion, we got to hang out with Sid and Tam. You will notice a theme with this blog... and it is mountains! Can you tell we live in the flat state? We miss the beautiful mountains.

First, we went on a cool hike up Big Cottonwood Canyon near Brighton ski resort- I love how in Utah you only have to drive 20 minutes to get to amazing places like this
Then we decided to go on a weekend getaway to Bryce Canyon. We took the Rhino and went on some trails and ran into some cows who wouldn't move their fat butts... we waited for forever! . We also went hiking in Bryce Canyon.

It was really pretty and fun. I think the older my parents get the weirder they become... but ya gotta love them!
I'd say overall the trip was a success. Of course I never feel like I get to see all the people I wanted to. We had fun with our family and friends. We loved watching the Olympics, I still am in an Post-Olympic-Partum depression.
Its nice to be back... I promise we won't be back for awhile because we are grown ups and can handle living far away OK so BACK OFF!


13 comments:

Allie said...

I don't want you to promise that you won't be back for awhile. I was sad we couldn't hang out more, but I realize how popular you guys are and how lucky I got a lunch with you. Love ya!

Brandi Hastings said...

Looks like you guys kept very busy and had a blast! Can't say that we didn't miss you while you were gone! Glad you're back! The mountains really are awesome out there. I need to get Jim out there one of these days- he's dying to go!

Becky Johnson said...

I cant believe how cute you look pregnant! You make me sick. haha. You are definitely getting closer.

Andrus Family said...

I can just picture you squatting in the woods at night...one of the many perks of being pregnant!

John and Erin said...

Are you suppose to be climbing mountains right now at your present state? Could you just chill and relax for a little bit. You're child's going to have ADD if you don't settle down. There's some priceless pics of your parents... Do they get out very much?! Sad we didn't get to see ya. Sounds like a fun vacation.

Hannah said...

Oh Milli I miss you already!! Reading the stories of your crazy work adventures isn't anything near hearing them first hand at CFN! Glad you had fun!

Tamara Jacobs said...

That looks so fun! I'm jealous of your Utah trips:) I can't wait to take one. You look so good...your tummy is so little!

Erin Bradley said...

Looks like a fun visit to good ol' Utah. I want to see you and Tice so one of these times when you are here we should get together. Oh You are so stinkin cute pregnant:)

Krista said...

Looks like you guys had fun in Utah! We're glad you're back.. let's hang out!!

Natalie said...

You look so good in your pregnant state. I'm glad you had fun!

Matt McFarland said...

I hope the Powerpoint trivia game was all you hoped for. We're gonna come out as soon as we can since you guys are booked when you come here. We're going to San Fran next month probably. You guys'll be next on our list to visit though. Frontier Airlines Rox!

S&J Jones Family said...

Looks like you guys had fun! We are going through mountain withdrawls, too! See you Wednesday? Oh and I totally chopped off all my hair. Check it out on my blog.

Tam the Gram said...

Milli, I can't believe you tell the world that your parents are "weird"--