Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Analyze this

Move over McDreamy and McSteamy...


There's a new one in town...
That is correct. Travis has started his clinical rotations. He is finally out of the classroom and participating on all the hands on action. They rotate every month to a different specialty. His first one is psychology. I was afraid that after a hard days work he would come home and stare at me and just analyze me, but so far he's normal still. And check this out, his hours are usually from about 8:30 to 1:30. Then he comes home and we play. Not a bad deal. I guess I shouldn't get too used to it because there are really crappy rotations like surgery or OB that are crazy hours.
As for me, like I said last blog, I have officially quit my job. I know its a little early for maternity leave but since we moved North, the commute was pretty dang long. Kind of a lame excuse, but commuting when you are fat and prego are not too fun. I however, am a certified substitute teacher. Just haven't gotten called yet... I'm still waiting! So for now, I am a house wife. I clean, I cook new recipes, I hang out with the other mom's in the neighborhood, I do the bills, etc. That my friends, is a full time job in itself! I'm getting excited and anxious for Spud to get here. I"m running out of room and my poor ribs are paying for it. Only about 6 more weeks or so to go!

18 comments:

Lauren Perry said...

We need to call him McCharlie or something like that :) How fun that you get to play all day! Brian has been out of work for almost 2 weeks and I am going NUTS having him around! He breaks up the day by going on interviews, but i feel like I am a mommy to 2 babies now :)

Natalie said...

Wow, 6 weeks left! You'll have a baby before you know it. Actually the last 6 weeks go by the slowest! Good luck!!

Allie said...

Go Travis! Way to go. Mill, I can't wait until I get to see your little baby! Matt and I will be out to visit soon!

The Dumas Family said...

I hope your remaining 6 weeks go by fast. There's not a whole lot you can do to make yourself more comfortable - I feel for ya.

byronandniki said...

Good work Trav! You look very professional! Milli I can't believe your baby is almost here! Have you decided on a name? I can't wait to see it! Is it bad to call the baby it? That is what I call my stomach right now. And you need to call me sometime- or I can call you. I have tons of questions....

La said...

6 weeks. spudette will be here before you know it. and then you will find you have no time for anything except feeding and diapering.
congrats to trav for getting to the good stuff! classrooms are so boring. i am sure he has some good stories now.

Tracie said...

I'm getting fired up for my free doctor appointments!

Tamara Jacobs said...

That's awesome you only have 6 weeks left!! And that's exciting that Travis started his rotations...and that he has nice hours right now:) Oh and smart move on quitting your job!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you get to stay home and play with us now!! Getting paid to work is so overrated... and way to go Travis!!

the murdocks said...

WOOOOO!! I can't wait for the girl to arrive! Are you getting nervous? I was a wreck for a few days this last week, I don't know why. I got so nervous! Anyway, I can't wait for you, it is the greatest thing you will EVER experience!

ChelsieWatts said...

Hi Milli,

I love all your posts, and love the comments you leave on mine! Jake and I are in a co-ed softball league, being we're both super competitive, it's put a little damper on our marriage (just kidding). We have lots of fun but nothing like our Alta days!

John and Erin said...

Way to go Travioso!

I've been Housewife for the past month... it was fantastic.

Do you remember when you would practice tapping and wrapping my arm. That just popped into my head at the thought of your ribs breaking. If I could tape them for you I would.

Laura said...

Yay! See you Travis at CMH eventually-- if you are so lucky =)
Milli-- you are so dang cute... a few more weeks and you could totally pop! Keep us updated.

PS--I'm totally getting better at wiping babies butts! So if you need a babysitter for that Coldplay concert, you know who to call.

Tam the Gram said...

Travy, you are cute!

brandonandlexee said...

OOOHH yeah! what do you call him? Mc??...I would love to know:) That's good you are enjoying him while you got him. Can't wait to see newborn pics in just a few weeks!!! YAY. Is your name picked or do you need suggestions? I may have some for ya

Jason, Elisa, Connor and Megan said...

That is awesome that Travis is doing his clinical stuff. That was the best part about nursing school. That is awesome you only have 6 weeks left. Can't wait to see some pics of the baby!

Mandy said...

I cant believe that you only have like 5 more weeks! Your husbie does look pretty cute all professional and stuff. I cant wait till you get called to be a sub! Then you will also have stories about the crazy kids in this world!

miles said...

How about McWeenie? Just kidding, Travieso. Looking good. Save any lives yet? I healed a deaf lady today...impacted cerumen. Mmm.