Monday, November 17, 2008

Viva la Vida

We love our sweet Avery, but last Thursday night we ditched her! He he, I know that sounds bad, but we went to the Coldplay concert. Don't worry, we left her with a very experienced and capable babysitter. Our good friend Brandy watched her (her stats: 2 kids, one on the way; no criminal history; a very talented homemaker and cook).
The true story of why we went even though we only had a two- weeker is this: Coldplay was supposed to come last July and we bought tickets in June thinking our fetus could dance to the music in the womb, but something happened and the concert got delayed after we purchased the tickets. When we found out they weren't coming till November we were a little worried. I have about five bands that I would pay big bucks to see in concert; and Coldplay is probably number one on that list. We decided it would be OK and we went.

We headed off to downtown KC to the Sprint Center. We first went and got a bite to eat. Then we went and found our seats. They were probably the furthest seats possible from the stage and they were the handicap seats (how did they know)? The concert was the most amazing thing I have ever seen (sorry Reba, but you are a close second.) I can totally see what Gweneth Paltrow sees in Chris Martin, the lead singer. I have never seen an entertainer sweat that much. You can really tell that he loves what he does. It looked like he was having so much fun performing. He laughed with the audience, ran around, even did some somersaults. He really was so charming; I have developed a crush on him. I know, he's a little squirly but he won me over. The band is so talented and the lights and effects were amazing. I really could have seen them play for at least another hour.



In the middle of the concert the band ran up the stairs of the Sprint center into the middle of the crowd and started playing. We were still miles away from them, but closer!
Chris Martin was amazing on the piano. He also played the guitar, harmonica and I think it was the xylophone.
I decided that even if Avery cries the whole week after that concert; I will still have a smile on my face. The crazy thing is that night; she slept from midnight till 6:30 am. What a good night. To all my friends in Salt Lake, they will be there in 2 weeks, I recommend going if you like a great band.

22 comments:

Anie said...

sounds like you guys had a blast!

The Ceder House's said...

I too have a HUGE crush on Chris Martin-I am so jealous. You even got to see him sweat!ha ha:)

Laura & Rusty Jensen said...

Rusty gave me tickets for my Bday. We are going on Sat. I am excited you will have to tell me about it. i will call you soon and get the scoop.

Bailey Family said...

glad you had a great time. It is so worth getting out every once in a while.

Anonymous said...

Hey Milli, We are going to see them on Saturday and I am so excited, ecpecially now that i heard/seen how much fun you had!

Susan said...

I'm jealous. I love their new album. Sounds like it was a lot of fun.

Andrus Family said...

I would seriously love to see Coldplay in concert! I'm completely jealous, especially since you have a 2 week old. Way to take advantage of having a sitter!!

Chris and Jana said...

How much does it cost to be on your friends list? Let me know, I'm two doors down.

the murdocks said...

Oh I am jealous! I LOVE that band. One of my new favorite songs is Lost. And that's great you got out...it keeps us sane :)

byronandniki said...

I got kind of nervous when you said you got a sitter. But her stats seem worthy so my heart is at rest. Thank you.
Glad you had fun! Can't wait til you come to utah.

Texie said...

I am super super jealous! Coldplay is coming to Utah on Nov. 22, however there is an even bigger event that same night that I will not miss! You might know what event I'm talkin about?!!! Utah vs. BYU football. I could never ditch my utes on the biggest game of the year! SO I have to sacrifice not going to the coldplay concert :( Well worth it though!

Laura said...

Yay! I was wondering if you were able to go! Sounds like a blast. =)

The Dumas Family said...

I'm glad you got a night to yourselves - keep that up. It's a good survival tool. I'm glad the concert was worth it.

Daisie said...

I'm so glad you guys got to go! That sounds awesome!! And 6 1/2 hours! YEA!

Baby Ruth said...

cute milli! i'm glad you guys got to go! what a great first date away!

John and Erin said...

Good for you millhouse. I'm glad you're not one of those uptighties. I'm glad you guys were able to go. And yes I'm super jealous. I love coldplay. Glad you got your sitters stats though. She sounded pretty qualified.

Brandi Hastings said...

Thanks for the good stats Milli-loo! It was quite an honor to watch lil' Avery the whole night. I wasn't too sure that Trav was going to give her up at first! He came over first to
make "conditions" on the "hand over". Other than the three dirty diapers in a row she was an angel :) :) Glad you guys had fun! Of course... we'd do it again in a heartbeat.

S&J Jones Family said...

I am SO jealous! I have been wanting to come and meet Avery but James had strep and before that I wasn't feeling well. I really want to come and meet her sometime though. We miss you at knitting group! I'm almost done with the vest! You have to come and see it :)

Anonymous said...

Yay! I'm so glad you guys had a good date and I am ridiculoulsy jealous that I wasn't at the concert too. Luv you guys!

Amber said...

Great Job Getting away for a night! Keep making time for yourself!
Amber

Lechelle said...

Sounds like fun!

Jason, Elisa, Connor and Megan said...

Hey Milli, That is great you guys were able to go on a fun date. Sounds like you had a great time! Avery is perfect! Hope you are hanging in there okay. Happy Thanksgiving!