Tuesday, January 22, 2008

For the love of MUSIC!

I just have to apologize for the Ashley Tizdale crapola song. It just came with the slide show I picked. I kind of feel like it is a violation of my freedom of speech because there is no way in heck I would really choose that song (sorry if you like it I guess its not that bad :). So if any of you computer hackers out there want to show me how to get the song off it would really help me out. It truly is for the benefit of us all (again I apologize profusely if you like this song... probably Allie he he).

Speaking of music, I love music. I listen to all kinds of music. From country to Alternative, I like a big variety. I can say that Coldplay is my alltime most favorite band (at least for right now.) Music has been there for me when my boyfriend has treated me bad, or my girlfriends wanted to rock out. I think half the reason why BYU softball was so fun was because we were always singing or dancing to the coolest stuff. Lately though, I have been feeling out of the loop with music. I haven't been able to get the "high" off it like I used to. I don't know if it is because my life is pretty stable, so I don't relate to the sappy/cute love songs like I used to or what. I think maybe I need something new. A lot of you have been big music influences to me. Mandy has brought me Ben Folds from which I formed an actual religion to, Erin instilled a deep understanding of MJ, Allie has kept the light FM100 flowing, Lauren deepened my testimony of Rascal Flatts, Tamara, I haven't told you, but when it is slow at work, sometimes I will listen to your playlist on your blog, Stacie, I still have a CD you made for me in college Incubus for life, TC, those Pacetter songs will never die in my heart, I have to thank Clay Aiken for truly getting me through one of the toughest break ups of my life, Trav thanks for introducing Mason Jennings to me along with some good old classic rock in which I really do like (minus the Beejees, they do not sound human); I just give you a hard time because you likes the same stuff as my dad, Katy Barnes and the SOJO gang got me into Ben Kweller and I have never been happier. Anyways, if anybody out there is in love with an artist or a new song or what not I would love to know about it. It has been way too long since I have had a meaningful heartfelt rock out session.

18 comments:

Cynthia and Bryan said...

Milli thanks for the comment on our little tinkerbell, she is enjoying the suit as you can tell. Anyway- Bry and I are really into Ben Harper... Im sure you have heard some of his stuff but his new cd (life line) is really good, and his older ones are the best (live from mars). It is a live cd and is good all the way through. So you probably already like him, but just in case. And then there is techno :) !! You know Im a big fan ! Ill tell ya some artists if your intrested...haha- I know im a dork but I can't help it !

Mandy said...

I listen to The Fray non stop lately. If you dont have the CD (you are lame) but just go get it. Love you. Let me think of more, I will get back to you.

Tamara Jacobs said...

I am a total music lover too! It's always there for you- rain or shine:) And I'm SO happy that you like my playlist:) I am into One Republic lately...their new CD is awesome!

Anika said...

You make me laugh so hard Milli! I love ya!

Tracie said...

Bert and Ernie's Greatest Hits. Stop Laughing. I'M NOT JOKING!

Allie said...

Milli, I am obsessed with you. First of all, in my defense, I do not like Ashley Tisdale. (But doesn't her new nose look great?!) I'm WAY more into Miley Cyrus.
Also, I LOVED your shout out to Clay Aiken. He was on a talk show yesterday and I honestly said out loud, "If only he knew what he did for Milli." Great post, and get your A back to Utah.

TC Jolley said...

See how it works is... go into your slideshow options and just turn the music off or choose another song! Okay so I must mention REBA... now that my loyalty has been shown I like Michael Bubble (however you spell it). And Mandy... who is "The Fray"?!!

the murdocks said...

Oh Milli...if only you knew how identical our feelings on this subject are. I feel the EXACT same way...I was actually saying to Dave the other day...I don't know any good music anymore. Anyway, there is a song that I'm obsessed with (well this week anyway) called Lazy Eye by the Silversun Pickups. I haven't heard any of their other music but I can't wait to check them out. I bet you would like them...check out that song. Anyway, I'm so happy I influenced your love for Incubus. They are still to this day my favorite band in the world.

Becky Johnson said...

I actually DID like it, until I heard it every freakin day on my own blog. I wanted to throw my computer across the room. hehe. I got it off, but you have to go into where you originally made your slideshow. There is an option to take it off.

Travieso said...

Sweetie, with the help of our good friends here, I have finally rid our blog of that evil song!! Now you all can enjoy our lives w/out ripping all of your hair out. By the way, you know both Pete Yorn and Nickel Creek mop the floor with all these other chumps. Try 'em out sometime.

uvtcharl.blogspot.com said...

I'm totally going to look into all of these artists. I've dabbled a little hear and there, but I just need to do more research. Thanks for the recommendations! TC... you know who The Fray is "how to save a life"... come on sister! And Trav, thank you for saving me my sanity. Thanks everyone so far!

TC Jolley said...

Oh yeah, I like that song... the only lyrics I know of it are "how to save a life" though! I'm so retarded when it comes to matching artists with songs... I just know the songs :) Anyway, this is too complicated, I'm sticking with my Pacesetters CD and Oh Mother!!! Love ya!

Camille said...

Milli--go to pandora.com
It's a website that allows you to create online radio stations based on songs/artists/genres you like. I have learned about several new artists that way. Check it out, yo!

And don't you mean Clay Gaiykin? As Kathy Griffin would say...

Lauren Perry said...

Milli-1 word and 1 word only......Lifehouse!!! I am in LOVE! They seriously have the best stuff! The new cd is AWESOME and a must have :) So hows life going? I am flattered that you mentioned me and my love of the Rascal! You are sooo funny :).
PS- can I tell you how obsessed Brian and I are with the Flight of the Concords and Business Time?? We had the song on our blog playlist a few months ago- lol. That is seriously the funniest song EVER!

J and E Mayfield said...

Clay Aiken Rocks!!! I love Mika right now. I don't know if you've heard of him but you have to listen to the song Love Today.

The Ceder House's said...

Mili- I like this game. I too listen to all types of music. I get in trouble all the time for just surfing I-Tunes and buying random songs. A few that I have been listening to lately are "Anyone Else But You" sung by Michael Cera & Ellen Page from the movie Juno, "Hallelujah" by Jeff Buckley, "Question" by the Old 97's (most romantic song ever) , "Landslide" by Fleetwood Mac, and "Over the Hills and Far Away" and "Babe I'm gonna leave you" by Led Zeppelin.

Jennica said...

Milli, I wanted to throw out a couple of bands, but maybe you've already heard of them. OAR, Band of Horses, Mutemath, and The Wailin' Jenny's. Google Pandora's Box and it will take you through music you like and recommend other similar artists. It's quite fun. Hope you find something good, you'll have to let us all know.
ps, I just read your work incident, absolutely hilarious, just like a tv episode.

Tam the Gram said...

Ok, i am so behind with life in general. I have been searching for study music, not necessarily soft stuff so thanks to many of you, I am going to try some new stuff. Trav, thanks for into to indigo and milli, i acutally liked the Christmas music!