Thursday, November 8, 2007

Its all about the wings!




I just had to share this experience. I played on a slow pitch coed softball team this past Summer and Fall. Our season ended and we took first place. So of course we had to celebrate... no not Disney Land... Hooters! Our team consisted of the typical beer drinking, potty mouth guys who actually had wives... who could actually play pretty well. I was a little hesitant to go but my coworker, who also played on the team, insisted that I go. So I did and I invited Trav. And he went. I was expecting this crazy wicked place with gross men and bad things everywhere, and was ready to shield Travis's eyes the whole night, but I was pleasantly surprised. The outfits really weren't that revealing, just short shorts and tight tanks and the atmosphere was almost a family type atmosphere. Don't get me wrong, there was definitely beer drinking and loudness to the place, but I looked around and saw lots of woman and men there just hanging out on a Wednesday night. Apparently that night, there was a big trivia game going on between all the different tables. It was really fun and we got into it. Oh and let me tell ya the wings.... well they were... .... .... not that good. I had so much fun that I was thinking that maybe I could pick up an application to work there... but then I looked down at myself and thought that they would probably only allow me in the back with the cooks. Oh well.

12 comments:

Jess Perry said...

Gosh...one more thing that having a chest won't ever allow me to do. And I loved your comment about the Halloween costumes. You know how everyone loves a little role playing now and then. Just kidding! Congrats on winning first place..that is great!

Mandy said...

Milli, every time you leave me a post my heart aches for you! I miss you! I know that sounds silly because I ignored you for so long while you were in Utah, but it is true. Are you coming home at all for the holidays? Let me know and we can go party it up at the Utah Hooters! I would hire you if I were the manager. In fact, we will open our own restraunt called Hand Fulls: it is really all you need you selfish men! Then we can both work there and no one would question us. Love you miss poodle. (term of endearment promise!)

Lauren Perry said...

I miss you Milli! I miss the old softball days :'( You, Mandy, me, the team- we all had such amazing memories! You should totally work at hooters! You have rockin' boobies (what a perv) I think Dr. Cheng would be willing to do the surgery, but I dont think you need it....lol.

Lauren Perry said...

ps- I love Mandy's idea for a resturant called Hand Fulls! lol. I wanna open a place to degrade men, and maybe call it Roosters (or Cocks- like the bird- only perverted).

Allie said...

Fun times Milli! I'd fit right in. One thing pregnancy has done for me is increased my bust size by a cup. Yeah, that's right. I am a D. I can't believe Erin gets this feeling all the time!!

the murdocks said...

HAHAHA! I am dying to visit Hooters one day. I have yet to see all the nakeness and booze drinking 40 year old men hitting on the waitresses. (I'm going to pretend it's like that...it's a lot more fun than imagining a clean, family environment)Dang it, I'm a bit disappointed.
Hey are you coming home for christmas?

S&J Jones Family said...

Hey I'm glad to have found you on here! Mine is www.sjjonesfamily.blogspot.com check it out, man! ;)

J and E Mayfield said...

I'll cut em right off and give em to ya... they ain't that cool. Sounds like your team was a tad better than our team here in So Jo! I still loved it though.. especially the Jones family participation!

Tam the Gram said...

Milli, Milli, just one more Kansas experience for you..... You didn't need to move to have it though. Did Trav behave? I love you guys and it was fun to met some of your fellow team mates.

Tamara Jacobs said...

Hi Milli! That would be so fun if we got in at Kirksville...and Todd actually is applying to the school you guys are at too! He just sent in his secondary, so we'll see. That would be awesome if we ended up by you guys!

Cliche said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cliche said...

I went to Hooters once when I was 17 with some of my druggy friends that wanted to go perv on the Hooters gals. I was peeved because I ended up spending a pretty penny on absolutely atrocious food. I haven't been back. If I was guaranteed an atmosphere like the one you described, I would go back faster than you can snap your fingers.