Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Bachelor Drama


Okay. Travis is going to kill me for posting this, but I had too. Did anyone watch the finale of the Bachelor? I about died. First of all, I usually don't get into the Bachelor that much, honestly it is a pretty dumb reality show. But for some reason I got so absorbed in it. The way I would justify watching it was that I would work out during the show and watch it as I was on the treadmill. It sure made the running go by fast! I thought this bachelor (Brad) was super hot! I also liked his personality, although sometimes it was a little too formal. I liked Jenni the best. She had such a sweet and real personality (and she is from Kansas... woohoo). But I thought he had a stronger connection with DeAnna. Anyways, I was watching the finale on Monday night, I felt bad because my in laws flew in that day to see us for Thanksgiving, but I made them watch it with me. The cool part was that they totally got sucked into it as well. My father-in-law (who is a retired social worker/counselor) was so funny because he would analyze the relationships, and we would pause the Tivo, and then we would chat about it. I almost threw my shoe at the TV when Brad didn't pick either of them. I can understand not feeling ready to get married and not wanting to propose, but couldn't he just say "hey lets date exclusively and see what happens?" Instead he just dumped both of their "A's" I think this guy definitely has issues. Kind of reminds me of how stressful dating life was back in the day. Okay I'm done thinking about this because I have already wasted enough of my life on this trash. Can't wait till next season (did I say that out loud)

15 comments:

Tam the Gram said...

Lame! And I have drawn my line. . .I started watching Lost and am totally sucked in, but no way in heck that I will start the bachelor! Have a great Thanksgiving, I will let you know about the brinned brown sugar and molasses turkey.

Allie said...

Ha Ha Ha, thank you Millhouse. Loved that. The only reality show that I've had emotions towards was American Idol. Remember when I cried?

Travieso said...

stupid scripted shows... there is only one true brand of reality TV, and that is the SPORTS kind... that guy is a fruitcake anyway. I get a little awkward when he looks at me.

Lauren Perry said...

Oh dont even get me started here, lol. I have posted on my myspace about his! I was SOOO mad! Team Jenni! He totally led those girls on, I mean heck. The host Chris was sooo mad! He ripped him a new one and made him look so stupid after the ceremony. Bachelor Brad is so stuck on himself. Those girls were too good for him to give the "its not you its me" speech TWICE! ahhhh. I was way too invested!

the murdocks said...

I promise I never watched a second of the whole season but for some reason I watched the finale and I have never felt so angry towards one person in my life. My stomach hurt becuase I was so sick for those girls! What the heck? Seriously...couldn't he have just pretended to propose like he PRETENDED to like them?!?! Hate this...I'm getting raged again. On a more pleasant note...I miss ya mill! I feel close to you right now! We are here in St. Louis and I promise I want to move here so bad. It is my new favorite place. It's gorgeous here!! Wish I could see you! hugs.

Jess Perry said...

I swear I will never watch another season of this show. I absolutely feel like I have wasted the last months of my life wondering who he would pick. I almost feel bad for him because he is so pathetic and has some major issues!
We hope you guys had a happy Thanksgiving and a wonderful weekend!

Tracie said...

I was just so sad. Weep. Sob. Hiccup. I really am not kidding. What a &%%^&&%$#%&*&*%$#!

Anika said...

Ha! Oh my gosh... I think that is so lame too! Me and Nate watched the very first episode, then we watched the last episode and were both like... WHAT!??? haha! Happy Thanksgiving!

Cynthia and Bryan said...

Lauren was crushed too! Finally joined the blog world, my page is a little of a mess but we are working on it !

J and E Mayfield said...

I didn't know you were in to the bachelor? I didn't miss an episode this season so when the finale shiz went down I was just as irate as you sound to be. What a joke. Huge disappointment. I loved deanna from day one and I thought she was a solid girl. There's no way he's going to meet someone better. Jenna would have been a catch too. He blew it! I think he's a player and can't settle for one girl. It crazy how your whole perception of someone can change in just five mins. Whoa I just went off.

Anika said...

I'll tell her! She will be happy to hear it! Are you coming home for Christmas at all!?

Camille said...

Milli, when we get together at Christmas I will give you my sermon on why I HATE reality television. And then I am going to take your tv away. I just went 7 weeks without a tv, and it was great. You gotta do it!

suzanne campbell said...

I too only watched the finale I was outraged also I couldn't believe it what a jerk. Aren't we so glad to not be in the dating scene? I can still remember it and I am old love, you Suzanne

Aaron and Jessie said...

Milli you are hilarious! I love that you got your in laws sucked into the bachelor! I must admit I haven't watched it very much but on occasions when I do I really get into it, so I feel okay about your obsession with it.
hey, I'm trying to send out Christmas cards this year, so if you could send me your address that would be great.
my email is
jessica_olive@hotmail.com

S&J Jones Family said...

I watched the one just before the finale (I think) where they all get together and talk. I'm addicted to Chuck right now. Spence and I love it! I really need to update my page but I'm too sleepy to do it tonight :)