Sunday, October 7, 2007

Trav's Golden Birthday!

HAPPY 30th BIRTHDAY TRAV!




My ancient husband turned the big 30 last week! I know what you are thinking, he looks like he is 17. Well he's 30 OK. Don't get him confused with me, I'm no where near 30, he just robbed the cradle, that's all. My family growing up always thought that when you turned the age of the date of your b-day (IE: Trav's b-day is Sept 30Th and he turned 30, mine was when I turned 8 on Feb 8Th) then this is called your golden b-day. Since it was 1) Travis's golden b-day and 2) his 30Th b-day I decided, what the hay, let's throw him a surprise b-day party. If anyone knows me, you will know that I am no good at the cheesy wife things like this, so this was definitely out of my comfort zone. With all the scheming behind Trav's back, stress, money, and insecurity I pulled it off. The party was held at a pavilion at a park near by. The plan was for Travis to go play video games at his friend Jim's house and then Jim would get him to the park by explaining that they were going to the Royals game and meeting everyone at the park. It was a brilliant plan. Trav had no idea, he even searched the house before hand to find his ball glove so he could take it to the game (I was trying really hard not to laugh). I guess with all the planning, the decorating, and the anxiety I was expecting this huge life shattering surprise for Travis, but when he got there, we all hid, jumped out and yelled "SURPRISE" and that was that, pretty melodramatic. We had a great time. We BBQ ed, played games, and ate! The only problem was that the lights forgot to come on at about 8:30, so we partied in the dark for awhile until it was pitch black. Some think that the party ended early because of the lack of light, but in all reality it ended because we are all old and wanted to go to bed. It was a great night, and I want to thank all my friends for helping.


This is Travis's b-day cake, I think all those 3 year olds out there would be very jealous of this treasure chest. My friend Brandi helped me decorate. She was actually the brains behind it. She would tell me what to do and I would do it without questions. It turned out really fun and now I think it would be really fun to take a cake decorating class.






Here is the cake after, how heart breaking!







Don't pass out baby!
On his actual birthday he woke up to a hoard of presents (beautifully wrapped). They were from his parents, my parents and me. His parents and brothers got him some software for his computer, my parents got him a computer bag and some money and I bought him a suit. After all he is 30 now, he should start dressing like it.
What a hotty! I hope you had a good birthday Trav! I love you!

12 comments:

Mandy said...

Yippie! Happy B-Day Travis! I feel very sad that I cant really say I 'know' Travis. I know Milli, I know that when we would work on our crazy legs every road trip we would talk of her perfect man, I just feel a little left out. So sometimes I pretend that my "old" husband and your "old" husband, (both of whom should be ashamed for taking such young supple women,) are really best frinds and hang out all the time. So Milli, tell your husband all about me and let him know that Ron is his new best friend and that he hopes he has the best birthday ever! You're cute Milli and I have quite a crush on you!

Lauren Perry said...

Happy Birthday Travis! Milli- you are too funny with birthday planning! I dont know too many 30 yr olds that were lucky enought to have a treasure chest birthday cake ;) But since it is his "golden" birthday- it will work. I think you should have had 3rd base and Coach Yori from Colorado State jump out of his cake and do a little dance ;)

Becky Johnson said...

You are such a cute wife!! I LOVE the birthday cake. VERY CUTE!!

TC Jolley said...

You are the cutest wife EVER! And I just want to complain that my "golden" birthday was on the 1st... not fair, I don't remember... can we re-celebrate it?

Tracie said...

What a woman. WO-OO-OO-MAN! Trav, just a hint...you had better be goof to Milli on her next birthday. I don't know about this half birthday stuff...but her REAL birthday...you had better be good to her~!

Tracie said...

PS...I meant good, but goof works too...I think that was a Freudian slip.

Camille said...

Yay Milli-- you are such a good wife! I'm sure he loved it, even if he was playing cool. :)

J and E Mayfield said...

Trav HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Wish we could have been there to celebrate it with you. I hope it was the best birthday yet. Sounds like it though. Sounds like ya got a pretty thoughtful wife. Milli Koodos on the cake. I think you should have been a pirate in this life.

Allie said...

Happy Birthday to Trav. Your Golden Birthday should always be one to remember. Mine was my 19th, and I celebrated it while workign at the Olympics, which meant I spent the day picking up garbage. Good Times. Miss you guys.

Jess Perry said...

Happy Birthday to Travis. Look at you birthday planning genius. That cake is awesome, the day seems like you had a great time! You rock Milli!

TC Jolley said...

You just got tagged... now give me your deepest darkest secrets!!!... but with you, I already know them right??!!

The Ceder House's said...

Hey Mili-

Wow- he did rob the craddle! HA ha! You are such a good wife!

Can you email me your gmail address? I had to take my blog private- it sucks. My gmail address is just my full name @ gmail.com

THANKS!