Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Niner niner!

Avery turned 9! I can't believe this will be her last year in the single digits! I remember when I turned 10. Its so weird. Also, I had this scary thought. 9 is half way to 18. That means I'm half way done raising her. I feel like I just started yet she only has 9 more years of me teaching her how to be a human. I better get cracking these next 9 years! 

For her birthday, we had to forego our traditional breakfast in bed because on Tuesdays and Thursdays she eats breakfast as school after running club. This girl didn't want to miss it (she had the option) and so I made her a quick cup of hot cocoa before she left. 

The two littles and I did go to her class in the afternoon to drop off birthday donuts. Isla fell asleep on the drive there, and was out the whole time. It was super weird because Avery had a substitute when I got there. He just sat there and I basically took over the class. I had to have everyone sing happy birthday and pass them all out while the sub just stared at me. He didn't even take a donut either! 






After school, we celebrated. We surprised Avery with 2 kittens! She has been super responsible with taking care of the chickens and she loves cats, so we decided it was time! She named the girl "Z" because she sleeps all the time and the boy Meowi! She was very happy!







Avery told me that all she wanted was a vanilla cake with green frosting. I could handle that one!

It was a fun low-key birthday!

Avery Grace is sure growing into a lovely young lady!



She is creative beyond measure, I want to be inside her brain sometimes!


I've never seen a kid read so much. Everywhere she goes, she takes a book. Sometimes we have to punish her and we won't let her read herself to sleep. She hates that!

 She is a good big sister and takes care of everyone... sometimes on the bossy side though!

She is so good at taking care of her animals! Every night she will go out and make sure the chickens are in the coop.


She is super creative and will just come up with the most random games!

She is still a monkey and climbs everything!











She has decided that she doesn't want to be a girly girl ever and wants to be a tom-boy/country girl. Cowgirl hat and boots everywhere! 










She is such a funny girl! I love her mind and how it works, sometimes I just want to know what goes on in there! She loves to cause drama and we think that one day she will make the best lawyer! 

She is the best oldest child we could ask for. She is so responsible and will do exactly what you tell her. 

Life wouldn't be as fun and interesting without Avery in it!

Happy Birthday Avery and stop growing up, I mean it this time!!!





No comments: