Friday, March 3, 2017

Hotel Globe

After the high of birth, a nice quiet came. The nurses left, the sun was setting, and it was just us and the baby (Trav, TC and me). Dr. Bryan, the coolest doctor ever, brought us dinner from Nerdberger. I inhaled a nice juicy hamburger. I wasn't the only hungry one, the baby was ready for something.  I tried breastfeeding him, and boy, it was like you he he'd been doing that for years. He was an old pro and ate for about 25 minutes. I had never seen that before. Travis claims that the baby is just a boob guy of course. Then, just like that, the calm was gone, and the sisters arrived! They were so excited to meet him. I don't think Isla knew what the heck was going on, she didn't realize he was going to be an actual baby, so she was a little shocked. Avery and Brooklyn were so pumped to see him! They were also so excited he was a boy! My mom and dad were also there. They couldn't believe he was here! I still couldn't believe how fast he came so fast. It was fun evening. We kicked around some name ideas with everyone. Travis and I have a name system. One of us gets to chosen the name for each kid.  I chose Avery and Isla, and Travis chose Brooklyn, so it was his turn. The rule is though, that I have to approve of the name options on the list, if I don't like a name, it doesn't make it on the "list." We run a democracy in our household. So the names on the list were: Leo, AJ (Arthur John),  or Rowan. My top two were Leo and Rowan. We all voted, and it seemed pretty even across the board, but Leo may have had the edge by a couple votes. Travis took in the votes, and didn't make his final decision till the next morning. He said announced it the next morning: Leo Arthur Charles. It's so regal!  It means Lion or brave person. I think that will suit him well having three big sisters!
The night in the hospital went fine. I never really sleep well in a hospital with people coming in and taking blood and checking blood pressure and such. The nurses were nice enough to take him to the nursery for the night. I'm so that mom. Other mom's don't want to leave their baby's side the whole time in the hospital, but in my head, I know we are going to be spending many a nights together, so I wanted one last refresher. The nurses brought him in when he needed a feeding, which again, he was a pro at!  He was a little fussy because of the meconium he swallowed, so he was gaggy and coughed a lot. The next day, we just hung out again. Leo had a bunch of visitors. Andrea, Mindy, Beau, some of Trav's hospital friends, My mom and dad and Tice. It was nice to just be. We were getting ready to check out, when the doctor came in with his bilirubin test results. They weren't great, they were sort of high. She wanted to keep Leo overnight because of it, but Travis talked her out of it promising that we would return the next morning and get him tested. Thank you Trav! We just wanted to go home, and the numbers weren't too bad! So we did. We had to make sure that his didn't eat him, but other than that, it was good to get home! We are so excited for him to be in our family. It already feels weird thinking he wasn't here a couple of weeks ago. Our family feels complete with him here. We love him so much!
































No comments: