Monday, August 4, 2014

Independence

If you know me, you know that I absolutely love the 4th of July. So I had to do a separate post on this special day. 

We woke up and ate a killer breakfast



That's always the best way to start the holiday

Then we got our bum's in gear and went up to Mary's lake for a hike, along with about one-third of the population of Utah!





It was still pretty amazing!

Then I put my girls in patriotic outfits

Brooklyn didn't last long enough to make a picture because she soiled herself with juice

Then we of course BBQed, swam, and partied all night long



We were in the backyard for probably 10 hours, no joke. I think we lasted till midnight. We didn't even really watch fireworks because we were too busy partying.

I had a great day, but it was kind of hard because Travis wasn't there. It kind of sucked that he wasn't there actually. I feel like my love for this holiday has grown even more after being married to him because I married into a military family so it stinks to not celebrate it with him. 

I really do love America, even if it is being run by dummies. 
(I get to express my opinion on my blog)




3 comments:

Papa John said...

I love your opinion Millster...you nailed it...

Unknown said...

I disagree - if our President had "Being President for Dummies", he'd be doing a whole lot better.

Tice said...

I agree with Wes... he would be doing a lot better! Oh and Rico made your blog! Oh, and you are so busted for withholding pictures. BUSTED! So now I must withhold until I receive!