Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Ugly Sweater Party

January and February are always a tough time of year for me. So we decided to have fun. We threw an "ugly Valentine's Day sweater" party.
The only rule was that you had to wear an ugly Valentine's day sweater. Other than that, it was free game.
This was the outcome:
The Hanson's

 The Merideth's

The Hudson's

The Shellenberger's

The Volker's

The Burk's

The Stoddard's (Brad was the winner, Travis kept commenting about Brad's Pubic hair on his chest... that's gonna make us friends Trav!)

The Jarvey's

And us (plus one)

This party was good for us for a couple reasons:
1) Something fun and different to do in Globe
2) so we could get to know our new friends better
3) Travis has been wanting to wear his favorite sweater somewhere, so this was the ticket

We chatted and ate lots of food. Then we played ridiculous games such as "the newlywed game" and "reverse charades." I can't even imagine what our party would have been like if we drank alcohol, because a lot of craziness was seen during the night. 

I guess I can't really talk about it though, because I lied about only having one rule, the other rule was, what happens at the party stays at the party. Ha ha!





3 comments:

Papa John said...

What a creative idea...
Just observing these folks, I'll bet they have some great stories to tell, like in a group FHE, what they were secretly thinking when they met one another for the first time? Or, what their wedding proposals were like? Good times in Globe Az...fun folks makes for great times!

Jen R. said...

I'm so proud of you! Getting out there. Also, don't make any new best friends. Just kidding, I'm ok with it. I want you to be happy. Also I love those sweaters.

Tice said...

Travis is killing me and your sweaters are awesome! Seriously, Trav, I can't stop laughing!!