Friday, November 2, 2012

Tam the Gram

My mom came out here to good ole' KC to visit us. You may be wondering why all the visitors and you might be asking

Are you sick?

Are you in need?

Are you going insane?

Well to answer this question, yes to some of those questions, but the real reason we have had more visitors than normal is that I advertise that Kansas City is the BEST place to be in the month of October. 

The leaves are amazing, the sunsets are brilliant, the weather is ideal. 

You can literally feel the harvest season in the air. 

So, this is why.

But for some reason both visitors came during unusually chilly weather. 

Now they really  think that I'm full of it and that I really am sick, in need and insane.

But back to the original point of this post.

Tam the Gram came!!!

My kids adore all of their grandparents. They get giddy when they come to visit. This visit was no different. My girls were in love!
It was a short visit. My mom is a busy woman! But it was just... nice.

We accidentally ran a half marathon. I know, I know, I retired last month. 
But the reasons why I pulled a Michael Jordan are
 1) My friend, Sam, called me the day before the race and told me she had 2 friends who were dropping out and that we could take their spots for free
2) My mom really wanted to do it 
3) The Kansas City Marathon is the best!

and hello, the coolest part about it was that my 50 something year old mom wanted to run a race that she didn't really train for. That's pretty awesome! 
It was fun, we should do this more Mom

We did a lot more, but I will save that for the next post... Avery's birthday bash!

Thanks for coming Mom, we sure do love you even though you are so weird!
And thank you so much for being there that one time when I ran out of gas on the freeway with both kids in the car. Who does that?

No comments: