Monday, June 4, 2012

Accomplishments

Travis had to do a little research for his residency and then present the research... science fair style. You know with the huge poster board

I never saw him working on it

I never really saw him thinking about it

I didn't really think much about it when he told me what he was doing that day, presenting his research

Then he came home

With this bad boy
See it?
Yeah, he took 1st place in the "science fair."

They not only gave him that sweet ribbon, but they gave him this
100 dollar gift card to the downtown plaza

I was extra happy about that


Good job Travis! He is just born with the natural smarts. I think there are two types in the world. The type who are naturally smart and don't have to work too hard and the type that are not very smart and have to work their butts off. Travis is the first type, I am the second type. I know this because we both took psychology in college together, and he hardly looked at his book and got an A. I looked at my book a lot more, and I got a B-. 

Whatev.

Speaking of accomplishments, this was mine this weekend
Oh, I guess that doesn't really tell you

Well if you would look closely, you would see that I have a running medal on. I ran my very first real 1/2 marathon

It was an accident

I'm training for a marathon, and my good friend Sarah had signed up for this 1/2 marathon and realized she wasn't ready to run it. 

She told me to represent her and run the race instead. Since I was supposed to run that distance anyway for my training, I gladly accepted.

It was hard 

I barfed when I got home

It was tougher than a full marathon because I got cocky and thought that 13.1 miles was nothing compared to what I was going to have to run and I ran without pacing myself

And let me tell you, I paid for it!

Stinkin' pride

Another fun accomplishment that happened in the Charles family was that Avery graduated from preschool
She was ecstatic

She won the award for "most expressive"
As we were explaining the award to the crowd, she interrupted me and ran over to one of the Dad's and asked, "why do you have a shaved head?"

It was epic

I'm proud of my little Avery 
Happy Days preschool was a good time

She only has 2 more years of preschool :)

And finally, the last great accomplishment of the week was by Brooklyn

I looked out the window and saw her playing in the sandbox

And when I looked more closely, this is what I saw

It was a great weekend of success for all of us

5 comments:

Jen R. said...

Congrats to you all. Such great accomplishments. Brooklyn's definitely takes the win for me though. That is a sweet sand castle.

The Ceder House's said...

Thanks for your venting post- it is good to know I am not the only one that worries about crap like that:) Way good job on the half! I am sure you rocked it. I think a half is way challenging enough for me- I can't imagine doing a full- I would die.

Papa John said...

...and I would not even get to first base on the half...way to go Millster!
You know we are going to have about 36 hours straight of that little Avery on the way back from KC...just can't wait to hear all the things she is going to say..."Most Expressive"...I'll say!

Brandi Hastings said...

Ha! I can't stop laughing at Brooklyn's sand castle. Way to go girl....and the rest of the fam's big accomplishments!

Kimberly said...

Oh I miss you Milli! Good job on all the latest accomplishments!