Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Easter

In keeping on track of being a pathetic blogger, I'm gonna post about Easter, which was roughly 10 days ago. 

Here it goes

Before I show all the fun secular things that Easter is about, we really tried to push the real meaning behind Easter and teach Avery about Christ's resurrection. 

The week before Easter, each day, we told a different story about Jesus's life.

I think she kind of gets it. At least she knows how to woo us when she tries to pronounce the word, "resurrection."

Now to the meaningless but fun parts of Easter

I saw this cute idea on a blog to make for the kids
Avery was so excited, she said, "what a cute kitty."

We dyed the eggs. 

I think I was tired that day or something, because I just wasn't feeling it. But after I dyed 2 or 3 in just the lame pastel colors, something inside me turned on and my ingenious and creative juices could not be stopped.





Travis says that I think that I'm pretty awesome
I just might be

Here is one of Avery's creations

And one of Trav's predictable BYU eggs


And of course, we had the hunt...


They had to search pretty hard for those eggs as you can see!

Brooklyn was so cute. She was the kid who found an egg, opened it up, left it and all of its contents on the ground, and moved on to her next victim.
Avery was just as intense about it as usual.



My cute little bunnies

One Saturday, I decided to take the girls to see the Easter bunny. I asked Avery, "Do you want to go and see the Easter bunny?" She replied, "the Easter bunny is a man wearing a bunny costume." 

She is a pretty smart girl, but I took her anyway. She and that Easter bunny had a very deep conversation about how its really a person inside.
Brooklyn loves all things fuzzy.

Then Easter morning came and that bunny left us some good things.


We had a great Easter dinner with friends. We had ham, cheesy potatoes, rolls and the best carrot cake ever!

Hope everyone had a great Easter weekend, you know, two weeks ago.



2 comments:

Kimberly said...

Fun! I love how smart little Avery is. It was fun "seeing" you guys yesterday!

Papa John said...

Great creation of that egg Trav!!!
I can only imagine how exciting Easter is for Avery and Brooklyn!
HAPPY HUNTING always...