Friday, January 27, 2012

ONE!

One week
One year

My baby just turned one.

"Man does the first year just fly by!" Cliche yes, but this is a true statement. I really love this age because I'm starting to figure her out. When she grunts a certain way, I know she wants a baba. When she gets fussy a certain way, I know she needs a nap, you get the point. New babies are for the birds! Just kidding ha ha... but not really. I'm a one year and older fan. I know that sounds so harsh, but I'm just too anxious of a person to be a baby fan. Don't get me wrong though, Brooklyn was such a great baby. She brought me so much joy and love this past year and I will really miss my sweet baby. Anyway, this post isn't about me and my weird quarks with infants. Its about the sweetest little one year old in the world.

If you want to learn more about Brooklyn Mae Charles, read below

She took her first steps around December 10th, so just after her 10 month mark.  She didn't start totally walking till about the first week of January, just after her 11 month mark. She beat Avery at walking, but who is keeping track?

She is a fantastic eater, and would eat peas all day long if I let her. No thank you green poops!

She still wakes up at 4 am in the morning and demands milk. I'm a wuss and just give it to her. I figure that she goes to bed about 7:30 and sleeps for about 10 hours and all she wants is a little thirst quencher and then she will sleep till 7:30 and still take a 2-3 hour nap in the day, its just not that big of a deal to me to get her a bottle. *

With her dismay, I have officially weened her from breast feeding. It was kind of tough. I have mixed emotions, but it was time! *Now her Dad can be involved with those 4 am night feedings. Wink wink!

She has 7 teeth! The last 3 came in at the same time, and she wasn't too happy about that.

She is very mellow, but I think will be passive aggressive like her Dad, because she always gets her way, but doesn't demand it, just like her spoiled dad.

She still cackles when she laughs.

When somebody takes something away from her, she throws a temper. She throws her whole body back and it kind of looks painful. I kind of think we might be seeing more of that temper come out.

She loves to just be involved. I sit her in the kitchen sink while I cook (don't worry, I'm within an arm's reach away) and she loves to play and watch. While I do my hair and makeup, I put her in the bathroom sink and she just plays. 

When Dada comes home from work, she gets so excited and walks around in circles in front of him.

I think she likes me, because when I walk into the room, she pretty much tackles me. Makes and old Mom feel special.

She loves to cuddle.

She loves technology. She would pick my cell phone over any toy in the world, you have probably received a call or text message from her. We are always having to hide our computer keyboard and mouse from her. She already knows how to work the Ipad. 

We are trying to teach her  all the animal sounds. She thinks that the doggy says, "ruff ruff" and all the other animals say, "ROAR."

She knows how to say, "Dada," "Mama," "Doggy," "uh-oh," "night night," and "baba." 

 Her best friends are Olive, Asher and Brody.

Her hair is dang curly.

Her newest interest it to climb. She loves climbing on the stool, on Avery's bed and inside of the fridge when it is open. What is it with our kids and climbing? 

We love our sweet baby, and I can't stop kissing her all of the time, sorry about that! 





























For her special day, we took her to George Bush's favorite restaurant, the Corner Cafe, for some pancakes. 













She gobbled them up, just like all the 70 year olds who eat at that place wanted to do to her. If you ever want to feel awesome about your baby, go there. Or maybe not, because some of those people just grab your baby without asking. Gotta love the Midwest.

4 comments:

Tam the Gram said...

yeah for blogs and pictures and family and events! Happy Birthday sweet little Brooklyn, we love you!

Papa John said...

I always fall for the kids who get wiped out and just fall asleep in their high chair...what a doll!!!

Mama Kath said...

You lucky people! I'm jealous I can't see them both more!!!

Kimberly said...

Brooklyn- you are such a cute girl!