Tuesday, November 8, 2011

FALLicious


My older sister lives in Phoenix. She is a little cocky about it. During the winter she often sends me picture messages of her outside thermometer reading 79 degrees and Sunny. Then I will look outside at the dreary trees and curse her name. Well during this time of year Phoenix can just... uh... melt! That's right Tice, I said it! Missouri is the best place to be out of Arizona and Utah in the Fall.
Is my family a little bit competitive?

I love Missouri this time of year because you can wear jeans and not sweat off your body weight or you can probably get by with wearing shorts and a light jacket. The nasty bugs are usually gone. The leaves are vibrant here! I know all the Utahn's are thinking that Fall is prettier out there because of the mountains, and yes, the mountains are gorgeous, but our leaves eat your leaves for breakfast.

Now that I'm ranting about how beautiful our leaves are, I just looked in my photo's and I can't really prove my point because I was too busy taking pictures of my pretty girls.

They are just a little bit prettier than the leaves.

But I did take pictures of us doing some fun Fall activities like...

Leaf swimming

I heard that this event may be in the next Olympics

Old fashioned playing in the leaf piles

And lastly, we went to the cutest pumpkin farm
Seriously, we got out of the car and new baby kittens were waiting for us


It was a magical place... the fun stacks of hay to climb, the corn maze, the beautiful harvest, yes, very magical... and then they tried to charge us 10 bucks for a big pumpkin.

Little pumpkins are magical too.

Happy Harvest

6 comments:

Papa John said...

Having been in both locales, I would pick Phoenix during the winter only. The other nine months of the year I would pick Missouri. Way too hot for me in Phoenix...movin on.

Tam the Gram said...

Wow, I labeled the bottom picture (Avery in the wheatfield) as a classic, fantastic pictures. Your little family is a family of fun and togetherness!

Unknown said...

Look, does that family really cart their children around in a wheelbarrow?

Allie said...

Merry Christmas, Milli!

The Dumas Family said...

Cute kids, Millie Sue.

Tice said...

Bring it on sister!!! No humidity... and just today 72 degrees baby! Hot for nine months?...silly John!!! BUT, I agree about your girls cuteness... YUMMY!!!!!