Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Catching up...



Avery had a great time catching up with her long lost cousins...
1. Utah Trip


After our cruise, we decided to head out to Utah. We went from luxury to dirt and bugs because we went camping in Duck Creek Utah with the Charles family. Sometimes dirt and bugs is a nice change from luxury... uh yeah.
We had fun playing games every night with the adults.. 
See what I mean? This is Mama Kath dying in Mafia. She had the record for most deaths, because seriously, wouldn't you want to kill anyone who made a face like that when they died?


We also went hiking...
I'd be that happy too if I had a ride like that!



...went cave spelunking


Ate lots of dessert...

And just loved being around our family

2. Annual Olympics
After last years Olympics, Trav and I were really pumped for this year's annual Harmon Olympics, minus the Harmon's cause they moved last year!
We were the reigning gold medal champs from last year... and this year... we didn't even place, WHAT????? We precockulated.
Some of the events were:
Spear throwing

In honor of the world cup, soccer goal kicking

Noodle rummaging?


There was also the wheelbarrow races and some other crazy events
I think I took first place in mosquito bite receiving!
Lets hear it for the girls

Oh and the Washburn's for taking the gold this year... sorry I didn't get a picture of you though!
We are going to miss the Kau's so much. They moved back to Hawaii. The neighborhood will NEVER be the same!


3. 4th of July
This is my favorite holiday!
But I don't think its hers...Last year..
This year...
.

The only difference from this year to last year was about 10 pounds and a bit more hair!
)
Don't worry, her fears slowly got better. We left the big firework show and found a smaller show up the street (thanks for letting us crash Marchants!

She even held a sparkler... or sat by me as I held her sparkler

Here is a picture of the gold medal winner Washburns


We also had a breakfast on the 3rd of July


And on the 5th of July, had a BBQ and another firework show
This is why I love this holiday, it was 3 days straight of eating, friends and fireworks! One day Avery will get it.





4. Avery
Where do I start with this girl?
She is very independent and still very busy
She LOVES reading books
She loves kissing



She loves going "fwimming."




She is really into hats and shoes lately



She'll be happy as a clam one minute...

And then this the next



We think she is gorgeous


She loves the outdoors


She loves "flides" (we are working on her "S's")


She loves cookies too! She takes all of my energy, but I don't think I'd want it to go towards any other thing... maybe it would be nice to not fall asleep during EVERY movie though?

We love you Avery!!!


5. Sadie
My youngest sister is getting hitched this August!(d0n't look at this picture Devin).
Avery and I are heading to Utah tomorrow to start the festivities. We are so excited for you Sadjie!!! Sorry we have to leave you Trav... remember how you have a job now?
Well hopefully we are caught up now and can just have normal size blog posts!



4 comments:

Papa John said...

So many things going on in your lives! Will be nice to once again visit with Milli and Avery on their trip to Utah. We are happy for Sadie too. Trav, three weeks will whiz by for you because of the wonderful distraction of WORK!!! How does it feel to finally be a paid, working type after all these years?

TC Jolley said...

You are absolutely correct... she IS BEAUTIFUL. I love her and can not WAIT to see you guys... less than 5 days and my tummy turns as though I'm on a coaster just thinking about it! YEAH!

Jason, Elisa, Connor and Megan said...

Avery really is so cute! I can't believe how big she's gotten since last time I saw her.

The Dumas Family said...

I'm so glad you guys had fun our your cruise. It makes me want to go back so bad. Avery is so cute. I can't believe how big she is. I love her big eyes! I hope all is well.