Monday, June 18, 2018

Skate land

Sometimes as a mother of four, I am motivated to get out and do stuff, but mostly I'm motivated to stay home and avoid crazy and chaos. Today was a day I decided to do something fun. I loaded the kids up, drove an hour and 15 minutes to Mesa and we went to Skateland. Its a skating rink. Yes, only one of my kids knows how to skate. Yes, I myself haven't skated in years. Yes I have a baby and a  toddler, but why not? Luckily the place was pretty much empty. And luckily they had little walkers with wheels on them so the non-skaters could lean on those for support as they learned. And luckily they allowed strollers on the floor. It all worked out. Avery got her skate on, Brooklyn was like the tortoise and slowly but surely made her way around with the walker, Leo was pretty content in the stroller, oh and I remembered that I knew how to skate. The kicker was the 3 year old. She just wasn't a fan and didn't have the patience. We tried several times, but in the end, she sat on the bench and cried.

Thanks goodness for cotton candy to make everything else better! 
I'm super proud of myself for attempting this. I'm also super grateful that the older kids had fun and enjoyed it. Phew! We were all sore the next day! 


No comments: