Monday, January 9, 2017

The great Globe circus

The smallest circus came to our town. It was called the great Benjamin's circus. I had no idea what to expect because Globe is a tiny town, so anything touring to Globe has got to be interesting. And interesting it was! We walked in, and there were about 15 other people. We did go to the matinee show, so I guess its not weird that it wasn't sold out. The acts were pretty decent as far as talent goes. There was this clown that would come in in-between the acts and do all sorts of cheesy things. I guess the way to describe this circus was old fashioned. Almost like it was 50 years behind the times. My kids really liked it. Avery was actually called down and was apart of an act. The parents were entertained by the pure oddness of it all. It made me think about all of these circus performers lives. How did they get here? They travel to minuscule towns performing for a small crowd. Is this what they thought they would do when they were little? Are they happy? What do they do on their off days? It just got me thinking. And also reminded me to put my kids in college asap!




No comments: