Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Tiny Dancers

Brooklyn and Isla had their winter dance recital. I'm definitely not a dance mom, and I have no idea if they are even good at dance, but I will say, watching your kid do this stuff is pure entertainment!


Brooklyn, aka, Shakira was awesome! She was born with some crazy hip movements. You really just have to watch her video. She has improved so much this year and is really enjoying dance. 


The only reason I put Isla into dance was because it was the same time as Brooklyn's dance class and I figured it would be a lot easier to make someone else manhandle her for an hour than having to entertain her for that hour. She ended up loving it! So about 3 dances before Isla went on, I got a text from the backstage mom. She said that Isla was refusing to put her nightgown on. I hurried and ran behind the stage, and there she was fighting the mom about her nightgown. I did my best to bribe, threaten and sweet talk her into wearing the outfit. She refused. So we were on the side of the stage ready for her dance to start, and literally 30 seconds before they went on stage, she finally agreed to put the nightgown on. Phew. Talk about diva! She got on stage, sort of stared at the crowd for a minute, then started jumping around and dancing. It was pretty cute!








No comments: