Friday, November 13, 2015

Quick getaway

Arizona touches Utah. St. George isn't too faraway. My parents and I thought it would be a great idea if we met there for a quick getaway.  Travis wasn't able to go, and my friend Mindy has family there, so she decided to come along with me. She has a baby and a three year old, so we utilized the power of the mini van and took up every corner available. We got in the van in Globe and had very high spirits. That was until we had driven about 45 minutes and her 3 year old barfed. And then Mindy started to feel weird, and Isla started crying. 

We finally hit Phoenix and we panicked. Should we turn around? Should she call her husband to come and get her and I just go? Should we push on? We found some grass and decided to make a decision. We gathered ourselves together. She decided the sickness was just car sickness and we decided to trek on. 3 hours after we left, we finally left Phoenix. Yuck. Luckily, the rest of the drive there, it was good. No barfs and not too much crying. 

We made it to St. George in a solid 10 hours. Once we got there, we had a great time. We stayed in a house with my parents and just enjoyed the area.  I had heard of a place in the middle of nowhere called "glitter mountain." You can go and take your hammer and beat rocks to death and take some home. Oh how my kids loved that! 



I think Grandpa Sid did too.




It was a fun weekend and Sunday came fast. I picked Mindy up, and the adventure home began. We knew that there was no way possible that the ride home would be as bad. We drove for about 3 hours, again, in good spirits, and then Isla barfed... ha! The joys of road tripping with kids. Luckily she only threw up once and most of the kids slept the whole drive. I'm glad we went, but I might rethink the "quick" jaunt to St. George in the future!

No comments: