Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Wanderer


I've done plenty of posts about Deanna Rose farms. I love this place and my kids love this place. They have the cleanest animals, serious. They must get groomed daily.

Anyways, this trip was very different than the past visits. I should have known it was going to be bad when within the first 5 minutes of being there my right flip flop broke and I had to go barefoot the whole time!

So we were having fun, we saw cows get milked, fed goats, road a pony, etc. We stopped to have a snack and to top off the babies. While I was feeding Brooklyn, Avery kept wandering off. I would yell for her, and she would come back. It wasn't the most relaxing pit stop for me. As we were cleaning up ready to move on to the next place, I couldn't find Avery's shoes.

I started looking for awhile, then I noticed that I couldn't find Avery. I looked around at the usual spots she had escaped to and nothing. My friends told me they would watch Brooklyn while I went to find Avery, so I left her with them.

As I was searching for Avery, expecting to find her at the playground, I felt anger! I was ready to paddle her bum. But minute after minute of searching, I could not find her.

After about ten minutes, my anger turned into slight panic. I know this girl is very free and beats to her own drum, but she never usually wanders this far. I started thinking about how this farm would be a perfect place for a pervert. Big area, lots of kids and people.

I was starting to go to those thoughts.

After about twenty minutes of searching (and remember, I was searching barefoot) I was thinking that I would have to start telling the farm employees... than crazy thought after crazy thought, I imagined having to call Travis and tell him, I imagined having to issue an Amber alert, I imagined being on the news, I imagined never knowing what happened to her.

It had been about a half hour and I was close to the panic point. I decided to checked back, and they had found her.

Phew... I was relieved. Guess where they found her?

If you guessed that she was wading in the duck pond, you guess correct. The one place I didn't really look. She just wanted to get her feet wet apparently.

I had so many emotions running through my head when I saw her.

I first gave her a hug.

Than I told all my friends to move on, and that we would catch up with them.

We just sat on the picnic table for awhile. We had a really good talk about strangers and all that.

Than I made her sit in time out for eternity.

I guess every mom has a moment like that. I hope I don't have any more. Those moments make you realize a lot of things. For one, how much you truly love your child. Two, anything could happen to your child no matter how safe you are. And three, maybe to yell less at them. I know I have been pretty impatient these days. Trav is on a 15 day in a row stretch of working 12 plus hours, so I'm totally burned out. But that doesn't matter, I need to always show my kids how much I love them.

Here are some pics before the big fiasco.
I don't know who that little girl is by us, but congrats, you made the blog
Brooklyn's first farm experience... don't worry, they are usually more fun Brooklyn!
I love that little stink!

6 comments:

Papa John said...

I remember taking Avery to that farm when Brooklyn was born...she loved it! I did not have your experience however, but did have it once with Travis, and nearly scared Mama Kath and me to death in Plattsburgh, NY, at the Mall...glad it all worked out!

Mama Kath said...

You made me cry and it brought it all back when I was bawling and running the length of the Plattsburgh, NY mall frantically searching for 4 year old Travis, who I finally found sitting in a machine at the "Gold Mine" amusement store.

Daisie said...

HI!! Just got all caught up on your blog! You are so dang entertaining!! So glad you found Avery!! That would freak me out!! So glad you had fun in Utah! We are headed back tomorrow, and it sounds like Shelbie and Brooklyn have car ride attitude in common!!! Wish us luck and I will be intouch with you soon!!!

The Ceder House's said...

Oh man- I totally lost Hudson at the Children's museum. I know just how it feels- It was for about five minutes- I cannot imagine what 30 minutes would be like! I probably would be curled up in the fetal position crying. So glad you found her! You are super woman by the way- I feel burned out too-but my husband doesn't have anywhere near those hours. You are one awesome mama!!

Anie said...

oh my gosh, I can't even imagine what that would be like, scariest feeling ever not being able to find your kid I bet! Glad it all worked out in the end!

Tice said...

Catching up on the blog! I have had that experience and it is not fun. It reminds me of when Sadie go lost at my softball tournament in CO. The cops came, the sniffing dogs came, it was terrifying. I've never, to this day, seen dad cry so hard. Dang kids an how much we love them!