Tuesday, June 7, 2011

The Campout





We went camping with a bunch of friends this last weekend to Smithville lake. We went for one night, and I felt like I packed for a 7 day cruise. What is with that? Trav got home from work around 4 on Friday, and we loaded up, gassed up, turned around because we forgot something, stopped at Target, stopped for an Avery pee pee break, and got up there about 6:30. PS the camping place was only 20 minutes away, funny how that works. When we finally got there, we found this lovely spot.

Then we roasted hot dogs and had dinner and then it was so hot we did this...

Avery is scary brave of water. She jumped in with no fuss and even went under. She thought she was swimming in poop because she found the gross mud and it did look like poop. It kind of smelled like it too... maybe it was?
After the dip, we set up camp.



Nice try Brooklyn, we brought you the pack and play... although you did end up sleeping on that for half of the night.



As it got dark, we roasted smores, munched, chatted and put the kids to bed. After putting the kids to bed, Trav went to check on Avery, to find that she had so much fun playing with the lake poop, she decided to use her own poop to play with. It was one of those moments that every parent has to experience. The inevitable poop paintings.


Besides that moment, camping sure rocked! I can see why its a family activity. It was so much fun to watch my girls, especially Avery, experience eating a smore, roasting hotdogs and sleeping in a tent outside for the first time (well that she can remember). I think we will be campers.





Here are the girls


And the Dudes


Thanks for the fun times friends.

6 comments:

Tracie said...

Can I just say how completely green with envy I am that you have a camping baby? Seriously? I want a camping baby so bad! Maybe if I brought my ocean wonders swing? Would that be a camping no-no? I want to go camping so bad during the reunion, because Wes has a sweet spot reserved in the Alpine Loop. I don't know if it is to be. We shall see:) So cute, Millster. And you look hot. Buff. And hot.

Tam the Gram said...

Poo painting is bad enough when you are home with a washing machine, plastic gloves, and all the necessary essentials for the cleanup. You guys are good sports, and the lake looked so inviting! Yeah for parents that take their kids camping.

Papa John said...

Good times with friends. Contrary to the first person above, who left a message, I am so looking forward to camping as well, (ha!) No one said how many fish were caught?

The Dumas Family said...

Sometimes I wish I was part of your family. So cute and so fun!

Krista said...

Man, I've never felt so jealous in my life! I miss you guys so much..

Mama Kath said...

yes ... it probably was poop! Heh! Heh!