Wednesday, February 17, 2010

V-Day

I'm not a huge fan of Valentine's day. It always seemed that old boyfriends would break up with me in the month of February because 1) my birthday and 2) Valentine's day. Then they would get back together with me without having their bank accounts liquidated, and I fell for it every time! Anyway, I would like to say that this year, Valentine's day ROCKED!!!
We went to Marshall, Missouri. Why? Because that is where the Romney's live. Trav was roommates in college with Miles. He lives there with his wife Celeste (who I knew in college) and their little boy "Zo", short for Lorenzo. Also, the other Romneys, Jared, who lives across the street from us, who also was Trav's roommate in college, and who is brother's with Miles (is this sentence grammatically correct?) came as well with his wife Jen and their kids Adeline and JR!
So its Valentine's day right (or the day before) so what do you expect? Romantic music, flowers maybe a nice dinner? Well that is what normal people do, instead we decided to mercilessly shoot each other with paint balls. Marshall Missouri is in the middle of nowhere, and Miles has 10 acres of land, so we used it as our battle grounds for paintball shooting. His mom was nice enough to come and watch all of the kiddos while we did this. Thanks Nancy!
I will be honest, I wasn't too excited about the idea. But after we started playing, I was instantly in love with it. It was exciting and my adrenaline was pumping, and then Jen shot me in the butt! I'll get her back for that someday! I got really daring by the end of it, and if my gun wouldn't have pooped out on me, Travis would have gotten whaled! You are lucky babe!
After we went in and showered, we were off again. We went out to eat at a place in Sedalia, the next town over. I loved mingling with all of the country folks.
I nominate this day as the best Valentine's day ever! Travis, thanks for not dumping me this month and taking me out on TWO dates, one for my birthday and one for Valentines day!

This was after all the shooting...
We all still love each other


This is our sweet little Valentine, who we ditched all day long!


Jen and Jared



Miles, Celeste and Zo


Two love birds

7 comments:

Tracie said...

OK OK OK, so that sounds like so much fun! Jealous!

Does Miles own all of that paintball gear? If so, that is SO cool!

Happy heart day to my Kansanians (or Missourians or whatever....!)

Daisie said...

What a fun trip! So glad you got to go and have a great time!

Kate said...

You look fierce with that gun Milli!!! That sounds like any man's dream V-day!! His girl and his gun!!! Fun!!

Mandy said...

My boyfriends did the SAME thing! Always said they needed a break right before V-day....Bastards. I feel for it too because I am lame and needed love.
Anyway, that does sound like a crazy amount of fun! Happy Valentines day

Papa John said...

I loved the group kiss pic! Never have seen that side of Miles and Jared before...hope they all have great marriages and families. Wonderful that you could all get together!

Jill said...

Avery looks so much older. What a cutie! Sounds like a fun day!

Sadie Jones said...

Oh my word, she is so grown up I miss my Avery